Are you and your home loan lender a good fit?
Purchasing a home is a serious undertaking, one in which you should seek the help of qualified professionals to assist you in. Navigating the home mortgage world can be daunting for even the most seasoned professional and the smallest oversights can lead to huge financial headaches. Working with a home loans lender can ensure that not only do receive the advice and assistance you need, but that you avoid the pitfalls of going it alone.
Before choosing any home loan lender, it’s important that you and your lender are on the same team. You may need to compare home loan lenders that are:
- Your home loan lender should have years of service and be familiar with a variety of home loan products. Working with an experienced home loan lender can save you time and help you avoid costly mistakes.
- The home loan market changes everyday, so it’s important that you choose a home loan lender that is up-to-date with the latest products and developments in the housing market.
- Providing professionalism in all aspects of your home loan process is a must. You must be able to rely on your lender to get the job done and to get it done right.
- Focused on your needs
- Lenders need you. Without borrowers, lenders have no market; therefore it’s important that you find a lender that understands this fact not only in principle, but in practice too.
- Adept in all forms of communication
- Communication is key in purchasing a home. You will need to remain in constant contact with your lender, so it’s important that you find a lender that provides great communication via phone, email, written letters, and other necessary methods.
Before signing on with any home loan lender, make sure you have solid answers to the following questions:
What type of loans do you offer?
It’s important that you have access to more than just one type of home loan, even if you initially have your mind made up about which loan you’d like. It’s important that if you change your mind, you’ll have access to other options without too much hassle.
What fees can I expect to pay?
Fees such as Loan Application fees, Valuation fees and Mortgage Insurance fees can easily add up. Knowing how much to anticipate in fee costs can help you decide if you should proceed with a particular loan or home lender, or not.
How often will you be in contact with me and in what ways?
Being able to stay in constant communication with your home loan lender is very important and their method of communication should be outlined and straightforward from the beginning. It’s also important that your lender allows you to choose your preferred method of communication, which can help guarantee that you don’t miss any important information.